Child Custody Attorney in Humble, TX

If you are in need of a child custody attorney, you have come to the right place.

At our firm, we employ skilled and dedicated attorneys who are experienced in child custody cases.

Any time parents separate or divorce, it is important to obtain a child custody order that sets out the specific custody schedule and determines the exact days and times that each parent has custody of the child. Without such an order, there can be confusion, chaos, and stress.

The family law attorneys at Spurlock & Associates, P.C. have years of experience in handling child custody cases and have resolved hundreds of cases through mediation and/or trial. If you are in need of a custody order, or you need to modify or change your current custody order, contact us today for a consultation.

Let us stand up for you when you need it most.

Please call us for a consultation today at (281) 548-0900.

Why Do You Need A Child Custody Lawyer For Family Law Cases?

Child custody attorneyThere are different types of custody. For example, sole custody may be an option and joint custody is another option. When you call or email in order to set up a consultation, we will give you advice about which type of child custody is suitable for your situation.

Of course, you will always have a voice in the process. We are a law firm whose team members are committed to helping parents sort out child custody issues, whether they need a collaborative or adversarial approach.

With this type of law, attorneys need to know when to fight and when to compromise. The art of negotiation is very important. So, although experience is important, there is more to being an effective child custody lawyer than experience alone. Our lawyers have experience and they also have the ability to negotiate brilliantly.

When you select an attorney with our firm for child custody, you will be able to ensure that you have the sort of legal counsel who will strive to minimize any negative impact on your children. At the same time, your attorney will fight hard to protect your parental rights. It is a delicate dance and our legal aid custody lawyers understand the process. They know when to push and when to pull back.

Child Custody Attorney for Modification of Custody & Child Support

When there is a substantial change in circumstances that affects one or more of the terms of your original child custody or child support order, you need to call the best family law attorneys near you for a modification.

A modification of your court order is a legal amendment made to the original divorce decree, child custody, or child support order, and it changes the terms of the prior order. Under most circumstances, modifications can only occur after one year of the original order, and there has to have been a substantial change in circumstances since the time of the signing of the prior order.

There are some limited emergency circumstances that allow you to modify a child custody or child support order within one year. If you believe your situation is an emergency, you should consult with an experienced family law attorney to discuss your particular situation.

The most common modifications involve child custody (also called possession and access) and child support. If you find yourself in a situation where you need to modify the terms of your child custody or child support order due to a change in circumstances, call the family law lawyers at Spurlock & Associates, P.C.

Our attorneys are ready to file a petition to modify your child custody or child support order for you. Lean on the expertise of our licensed family law attorneys and protect yourself and your children.

Areas of Family Law


Complete the form below and we will contact you to determine the best way to assist you with your needs.

Spurlock & Associates, P.C. – Humble Child Custody Lawyers

You need expert counsel. This type of counsel may be more affordable than you think. When it comes to child custody issues, the right counsel is an investment in a happy life with your child or children. In this sense, it is priceless.

For representation in your child custody case, call the experienced attorneys at Spurlock & Associates, P.C., in Humble, TX, at (281) 548-0900.